A few days ago I went over this very expressive report from AWeber Communications and I feel like it's something that I should share with other small business owners.
They illustrated the results so here it is:
- It looks like less than half of the owners from the survey felt a positive change from 2011 to 2012. That is an interesting result, considering the "government" announced so loud that the positive economic boost of 2012. I wonder who felt it? Definitely not for more than half of the small businesses.
- A pretty good percentage of the businesses, plan to invest more in marketing for 2013. Hail to that, as I plan to increase the marketing efforts also. This is a welcomed change for TibiDesign as Internet Marketing is part of the web services we offer. Check it out on our web design and internet marketing services page.
- One result that it feels normal to me is that businesses plan to increase their social media presence for this year. Social media mediums are getting larger and larger, offering a pool of possible customers that can't be ignored anymore.
Social Media Marketing is now a clear component of a Marketing Strategy for almost every business out there.
- While Facebook is still the leader, I out that Google+ went up on second place, passing Twitter. I fell it was a normal change, as Google, the search engine leader, is pushing forward all its services, making them more and more important for the SEO strategy.
+1, the Google+ follow, rich snippets, Google Maps, Google Local, Webmaster, Analytics, etc.., these tools they all help more than before in Google ratings and search engine optimization. It's the leader, the search engine almost verybody on the planet uses.
We don't really have a choice here but accepting their rules; they're all free anyway, and very useful.
- One other interesting result is that the majority of the business owners are the primary marketeers. It is a less expensive way as I do it myself too, but it is not the best solution. It's just a road block on the growing path of the business. Painful and true.
Well, we all have the hope and the determination to not give up and learn how to deal with obstacles more and more efficient. There is only one way: forward.
I wish you all good business!